Today, Corporate Social Responsibility has become an integrated part of corporates. It based on give and take model, company has to contribute towards society in place of resources they are getting from the society. Corporate Social Responsibility or CSR if often referred to a corporation’s initiatives to estimate and take responsibility of its effects on the environment and the society. Most of the top corporates have separate CSR departments to carry out such activities. The following are the popular CSR activities
- Adopt a school in a rural area
The companies could adopt a school and employ quality staff with good qualifications. They can also provide sanitary facilities, better infra-structures, free uniforms and stationary and provide opportunities for extra-curricular activities.
- Distribute Computers to students in rural areas
The companies can donate computers to the students of rural areas and provide free computer education and enhance their IT skills.
- Collaborate with a NGO
The companies can work together with NGO’s and help them out by contribute in kind or monetary value.
- Free Medical camps in backward areas
The companies can provide free health check-ups and distribute free common medicines in rural areas.
- Blood and organ donation camps
The companies can organize blood donation camps in various cities.
- Donating scientific research equipment to schools and colleges
Company can contribute research material/ machines to schools and colleges to enhance their skills.
- International and research scholarship to students of backward classes
Companies can provide funds to the students of lower income classes to carry out research and get their works published.
- Food Camps
The companies can organize food camps and encourage the general public to donate how much ever food they can, which can later be given away to, say an orphanage or an old-age home.
- Donations to orphanages/old age homes
The companies can donate money, new clothes, toys and other needful things to an orphanage.
- Empowering workers Financial health, and family well- being
Few Companies continue to serve as a catalyst to transform the industry by setting a new standard for valuing and investing in workers’ lives.
- Water Preservation
The company can drills or restores wells, provides water purification systems or implements new water-providing solutions to deliver new sources of clean water to those in need.
- Sustainability Community development and preserving the eco system.
The company can have climate change policy that maps its carbon footprint and is creating an abatement strategy for sustainable manufacturing.
- Building youth Skills to raise employability
Employability programmes focused on building skill of youth.
- Preserving India Art and Culture
This can also be the one of the initiative to preserve Indian Art and cultures in the heart of indians.
- Other Initiative
- Mid-day meal Programme
- Energy Conservation Initiatives
- Women Empowerment
- Support Artisans, Sportsperson etc.
- Sanitation, education, healthcare and skill building
- Initiatives for Girl Child
- Focus on agriculture and farmers problems.
Note – Please note that the above article is for education purpose only. This is based on our interpretation of laws which may differ person to person. Readers are expected to verify the facts and laws