The RERA department of Gujarat government is working to give the practical shape of RERA Rules what is meant to be. In the series of changes recently the state government has amended the RERA rules which can be summarized as under-
- For quick action on resolution of complaint, the complainant has to send all documents relating to complaint to the opposite party/respondent directly by registered A.D. Post and acknowledgement receipt shall be attached with the complaint filed with authority as per Rule 12C.
- Very important amendment done to stop the delay in proceeding/lingering in proceedings on complaint filed by taking adjournment frequently by imposing minimum cost of Rs 500 per adjournment as per Rule 12D.
- Now authority shall have the power to summon and enforce the attendance of old person who are concerned with the Real Estate Project, including lenders, as well as the persons who have accorded permissions to the Real Estate Project as competent authority as per Rule 12E.
- Where during the proceeding, any of the party to the proceeding died or adjudicated as an insolvent or in case of company under liquidation, under winding up, the proceeding will not stop and shall continue with other partners, successor in interest, the executor, administrator, receiver, liquidator or any other legal representative of the party concerned as per Rule 12I.
- The cost of and incidental to all proceeding shall be awarded at the discretion of adjudicating officer/authority and shall be paid within 30 days from the date of order or within such time that the A.O. decide and the order of A.O./authority awarding cost shall be executed forthwith in the same manner at decree/order of the civil court as per Rule 12L.
These Rules will enforce the system for strick compliances in the field of Real Estate and more Governance will be implemented and GOOD GOVERNANCE ALWAYS BENEFITS TO THE SOCIETY AT THE END.