Legal outsourcing is one of the growing trends in the market. Therefore, setting up of your own business for Legal Processing Outsourcing (LPO) is apprehended as Eldorado.
There are several small players who think setting up LPO is a great deal of business which certainly is but clueless of the fact as to what is required in LPO to succeed.
The most common mistake done by LPO entrepreneurs is that they believe setting up of an office with good infrastructure, well-designed website, internet and a legal team. Honestly speaking, it is not enough.
Here are few measurably needed for LPO:
- Management team inclusive of qualified lawyers.
- Proficient staff.
- A structured training programme.
- Supervisor for the work undertaken by the team.
Let us focus briefly on the above-mentioned points to keep in mind while setting up LPO:
1. Management Team and Proficient Staff: It is never easy to get a qualified lawyer or proficient staff. Only qualified ones can give rise to success or even help in the survival.
Since the quality of work is reflected through writing it is important for a lawyer to have command over writing skills. Moreover, the person must have the ability to understand client’s grievances.
2. In-house training programme: A training programme must be catered for specific client or project requirement.
All doubts should be cleared so that no miscommunication takes place during the process.
It is important to work on the learning done in training programme as it is elemental part and more important in terms of the career than commercial value.
3. Supervision: Sometimes even the best people need supervision. Reason being there is a difference in the quality of work expected and quality of work delivered.
To eradicate this difference the supervisor will be the one ensuring quality which builds client’s trust.
Q. How LPO is profitable?
A. LPO is no doubt profitable:
- It allows expert to deal with related issues.
- It not only saves time but also saves management’s cost.
- Timely compliance and advisory to the clients with satisfaction.
The above-mentioned points are some of the up fronts that you can work on if you are planning to set up LPO. If you can endow yourself with them, they are enough to help you succeed.
Note – Please note that the above article is for education purpose only. This is based on our interpretation of laws which may differ person to person. Readers are expected to verify the facts and laws