Punjab has umpteen business opportunities in Real Estate sector and also witnessed an upward trend of development in the Real Estate. The inclination in this sector obviously has given so much development to the Punjab state but there is also a substantial rise in the percentage of perturbed home-buyers.
RERA Act, 2016 has come into the picture and the motive behind this enactment is to address the grievances of home-buyers. Builders are now not free to do anything on their own as there are proper provisions in the act to leash the malicious act of the Builders. Let’s discuss the impact of RERA in Punjab:
RERA in Punjab
RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Authority) Regulation has been enactment from 01/05/2017 with the specific object to ensure (i) accountability, (ii) sustainability, (iii) grievance redressal, for real estate industry.
As required by above RERA Act, the State of Punjab has notified its final Punjab RERA Rules, 2017 on 08/06/2017 which prescribe regulation, form and process for;
- RERA registration by builders and agents
- RERA authority constitutions
- Filing complaints before RERA Authorities
- Complaint redressal system
Common Complaint before RERA, Punjab
Based on our experience and research, we have observed some kind of common issues faced by the buyer for complaint redressal which are as under:
- Delay in possession of the Property.
- Non-payment of interest and penalty
- Sales of flat to multiple buyers
- Un-necessary demand by builders
- Development stopped on the project
- Cancellation of project
Filing RERA Complaint in Punjab
All the prerogative related to real estate matters has now been vested with the State RERA so now the consumer courts and consumer forums are not in the picture anymore, one has to file all the complaints relating to real estate as prescribed under RERA Regulations before RERA authorities of the State.
Filing of RERA complaints is a matter of expertise and it needs profound understanding of the laws along with the facts and circumstances of the case. Without any professional advice one might lose all his standing in the case and it may also lead to the loss of time and money.
RERA complaint in Punjab can be filed before following authorities depending upon the kind of grievance.
(i) Complaint to RERA Adjudicating Officer – Any complaint relating to claim of interest and compensation, which is covered by section 12, 14, 18 and 19, of RERA Act, 2016, can be filed in form ‘N’ before Punjab RERA Adjudicating officer. The complaint shall be filed with the fees of Rs. 1000/-.
(ii) Complaint to Punjab RERA Authority –
- Any complaint relating to violations of RERA Act, or RERA Rules and regulations,
- Except those which can be filed with RERA adjudicating officer,
- Can be filed before RERA Authority in form ‘M’ in physical.
- After paying the prescribed fees of Rs. 1000/-.
The RERA Authority shall, after following the prescribed procedure, dispose the complaint within 60 days of filing. If it is not disposed in said period, the officer shall record the reasons.
(iii) Complaint to Punjab RERA Tribunal – RERA tribunal is second appellate authority.
- Any person aggrieved by order of RERA authority or adjudicating officer
- May file complaint to Punjab RERA tribunal in form “L” in physical within 60 days from the date of receipt of such order after paying the prescribed fees
How we help in Complaint Filing and Redressal
RERA consulting team of Centrik is very versatile and experienced. We have in-depth and practical experience in dealing various issues and RERA litigation before different RERA authority. To name, some consultancy, are as under:
- RERA Registration for Project and Agents
- RERA Complaint Filing & Redressal
- RERA Compliance
- RERA Advisory
- Appearance before RERA Authority
- And other Advisory
For more details and advisory, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 8383011629.
Note – Please note that the above article is for education purpose only. This is based on our interpretation of laws which may differ person to person. Readers are expected to verify the facts and laws