What is the OSP license? OSP that is Other Service Provider license is issued to corporates for various application services like Telebanking, Tele-education, Teletrading, Telemarketing, Call Center etc.
Types of OSP license:
- Domestic OSP- Company providing application services within India.
- International OSP- Company providing application services internationally.
Who can get license of OSP by Department of Telecommunication? Any Private Limited company, Public Limited Company and OPC can avail license of OSP by registering under DOT.
General Terms and Conditions for OSP registration for Domestic or International OSP center
- General Conditions
- Registration may be granted to any company to provide Application Services. these service provider will not infringe on the jurisdiction of other authorised telecom service providers and they will not provide switched telephony.
- Following documents to be submitted while applying for registration to the authority:
- Mandatory Documents
- Certificate of Incorporation issued by Registrar of Companies.
- Memorandum and Article of Association.
- Board resolution or Power of Attorney authorizing authorised signatory with attested signatures.
- A note on nature of business of proposed OSP.
- Documents to be submitted, if actual information is different from mandatory documents
- List of present Directors of the company.
- Present shareholding pattern of the company indicating equity details( Indian and foreign equity)
All the documents must be certified with seal by either Company Secretary or one of the Directors of the company. The processing fee of Rs 1000/- is payable along with the application for registration. The validity of registration shall be for 20 years from the date of issue. The OSP shall submit Annual Return to registering authority in prescribed performa within six months of completion of the financial year, indicating the details of the activities of the previous financial year and status of their continuing the OSP operation.
- Technical Conditions for OSP registration of Domestic or International OSP centre
- The OSP shall take the Telecom Resources from an Authorised Telecom Service Provider only.
- The Authorised Telecom Service Providers shall resources to the OSP after examining the network diagram of the network proposed to be setup by the OSP and after ensuring its bonafide use.
- Both authorised telecom service provider and the OSP shall be responsible as per terms and conditions their respective license/ registration respectively towards any violation of terms and conditions in the use of telecom resources.
- OSP may have internet connectivity from authorised internet service provider.
- Interconnectivity of international OSP with Domestic OSP is not permitted.
It takes around 40 to 45 days for registering under OSP license with TRAI. In conclusion, OSP license registration is three stage process with some requirements of documents.
Disclaimer – the above summary is based on the personal interpretation of the revised regulations, which may differ person to person. Hence, the readers are expected to take expert opinion before placing reliance on this article.