Uttarakhand which is known as Land of the gods, with reference to its scenic beauty and tourist spots has captivated the real estate sector in development. Builders are moving to places wherein they can foster real estate sector and investment as well.
The established as well as growing real estate sector in Uttarakhand is giving birth to residential properties, commercial property, Industrial Property and Agriculture Properties. The buying and selling between builders and buyers are creating grievances which are in return bringing down the interest of buyers in the real estate sector.
You can discover from the news in hot of the press about buyers getting cheated over false commitments, profile funding, delay in possession or in the project etc.
Since RERA was introduced to bring transparency and create investments in the real estate sector; therefore, a complaint redressal system has been introduced to homebuyers. This is done to safeguard the interest of homebuyers.
RERA in Uttarakhand
RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Authority) Regulation came into force from 01/05/2017 with the specific object to ensure (i) transparency, (ii) accountability, (iii) grievance redressal for homebuyers as well as builders.
The Central act was notified in Uttarakhand on 28/04/2017. The prescribed rules focus on the following measures:
- RERA registration by builders and agents
- RERA authority constitutions
- Filing complaints before RERA Authorities
- Complaint redressal system
Complaint before RERA
Our RERA Experts have been working on the research and development of RERA Complaints. They have been drawn to a case that homebuyers are mostly grieved by common issues that are mentioned below:
- Delay in possession of the Property.
- Non-payment of interest and penalty
- Sales of flat to multiple buyers
- Un-necessary demand by builders
- Development stopped on the project
- Cancellation of project
Filing RERA Complaint in Uttarakhand
As per Uttarakhand RERA Rules, the homebuyers need to file complaint against the developer in Uttarakhand RERA Authority RERA instead of consumer court or consumer forum or civil court.
RERA complaints of homebuyers can be filed before following authorities depending upon the kind of grievance.
- Complaint to RERA Adjudicating officer – Any complaint relating to claim of interest and compensation, which is covered by section 12, 14, 18 and 19, of RERA Act, 2016, can be filed in form ‘N’ before Uttarakhand RERA Adjudicating officer. The complaint shall be filed with the fees of Rs. 1000/-.
- Complaint to Uttarakhand RERA Authority –
- Any complaint relating to violations of RERA Act, or RERA Rules and regulations,
- Except those which can be filed with RERA adjudicating officer.
- Can be filed before RERA Authority in form ‘M’.
- After paying the prescribed fees of Rs. 1000/-.
The RERA Authority shall, after following the prescribed procedure, dispose the complaint within 60 days of filing. If it is not disposed in said period, the officer shall record the reasons.
- Complaint to Bihar RERA Tribunal – RERA tribunal is second appellate authority.
- Any person aggrieved by order of RERA authority or adjudicating officer may file complaint to Uttarakhand RERA tribunal in form “L” within 60 days from the date of receipt of such order after paying the prescribed fees of Rs. 5000/-.
How can Centrik help in complaint filing and redressal?
Centrik has very versatile and experienced team of RERA consulting. We have in-depth and practical experience in dealing various issues and RERA litigation before different RERA authority. To name, some consultancy, are as under:
- RERA registration for project and agents
- RERA Complaint filing & redressal
- RERA Compliance
- RERA advisory
- Appearance before RERA Authority
- And other advisory
For more details and advisory, please mail us at email@example.com or call us at 8383011629
Note – Please note that the above article is for education purpose only. This is based on our interpretation of laws which may differ person to person. Readers are expected to verify the facts and laws