PAN refers to the Permanent Account Number. Its primary function is to prevent tax evasion by keeping a complete track of monetary transactions.
TAN registration refers to the Tax deduction Account Number. It enables the assessee who has made payment to claim the tax deducted in their Income tax return. It is a unique, 10 character Alphanumeric identifier. The Income tax department issues both the numbers against the application in the prescribed form by an assessee.
PAN is necessary while preparing and filing Income Tax Return. Every assessee should hold a PAN whereas TAN is required for those who are responsible for paying tax from the amounts paid or payable as per the income tax act and to be quoted in TDS remittance challans, TDS certificate, and periodical return to being filled with the Income tax department.
Companies can now obtain PAN or TAN registration within a day if they submit the Digital Signature Certificate based application, thereby ensuring ease of doing business.
Besides this, an individual can obtain a Permanent Account Number (PAN) through Aadhaar based e-signature facility which will reduce the effective time allotment.
Under this process allotment of PAN and TAN will take place within one day after completion of the valid online application.
Guidelines for new application for new PAN, TAN registration:
- Applicants will fill form 49A for PAN and 49B for TAN online and submit the form.
- If you find any errors, correct them and re-submit the form.
- A confirmation screen with all the data filled by the applicants will be displayed, on which applicant may either edit or confirm the same.
- On confirmation, an acknowledgment will appear. The acknowledgment will contain a unique 15-digit acknowledgment number in Case of PAN and 14 digits in case of TAN
- Save and print this acknowledgment.
- Applicant must affix 2 color photographs with white background (PAN card)
- In case an individual applicant enters Aadhaar number in the application form, then submit the proof of Aadhaar along with documents to NSDL e-Gov.
Get your PAN & TAN Registered by us in just 24 hrs.
Call on: 4607-4008 or Click here https://goo.gl/iRVhuv to send your queries to us.