Food Industry in India has taken a great leap and with the rise in Demand, the business carrying out such activity have been involved in the practice of adulteration just to fill their pockets. In recent few years we have seen multiple news which shows how the cases of adulteration has taken a rise so much. In such a scenario it is very difficult for any new business to enter the market and earn the trust of the customer at nascent stage.
FSSAI registration helps the businesses to promote their business as this license is given after the having the assurance about the safety of food. After taking FSSAI registration your business can get a shield from the accusations of adulteration and use of cheap and unsafe ingredients.
FSSAI Registration and License is governed by Food Safety and Standard Act,2006 and it was brought in the picture to ensure the hygiene and safety of food to protect the health of consumers. Any applicant who is going to pursue business, related to Food, Restaurant,Distributor, Repacker’s , Meat Shop or any other food business has to take FSSAI license. FSSAI registration promotes public safety and health and regulation over the standard of the products.
The concerned authority for this registration is Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
The validity of the FSSAI license is valid for 1 to 2 years and it requires subsequent renewal to have the validity in continuity.
Types of FSSAI licenses/Registration
There are three Types of Licenses/Registrations which is turnover based:
Central License– For large turnover businesses- Turnover above Rs. 20 crores.
State License– For moderate Turnover businesses- Turnover between Rs. 12 lakhs to 20 crores annually.
Normal Registration– For small businesses- Turnover below Rs. 12 Lakhs annually.
Categories of FSSAI License on the basis of production capacity
- FSSAI Registration – 100kgs per day
- FSSAI State License – 100kgs to 2 mt tons per day
- FSSAI Central License – above 2 mt tons per day
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration
1. PAN Card of the Applicant.
2. Address proof of the applicant.
3. List of the Items.
4. Proof of the registered office of the premises.
5. Water Test Sample report, if applicable.
6. List of the Machinery with production Capacity, if applicable.
7. Proof of Turnover, if applicable.
FSSAI Registration Process
1. Decide the type of registration required based on turnover or production capacity.
2. Submission of forms and information.
3. Payment of requisite fee.
Advantages of FSSAI Registration
1. It is a legal requirement, hence compliance of legal requirement.
2. Hassle free business .
3. FSSAI logo can be used to market the product.