Some new accomplishments have been introduced on Goods and Services Tax (GST) Portal which will be a helping hand for the taxpayer:
1. GSTR-2 offline version 2.1: This will allow taxpayers to export data of GSTR-2 from JSON tool to excel. It will assist them in comparing the data with purchase register to take actions like accept, reject and modify.
2. Form GST CMP-02: Intimation to pay tax under Section 10 (Composition Levy) under rule 3(2) of Central GST (CGST), to be provided by the person opting to pay tax. Refer Notification No. 45/2017 Central Tax Dated 13/10/2017 issued by CBEC.
3. Form GST CMP-03: Intimation of details of stock held on the date preceding the date from which the option for composition levy is activated. This form can be filed online on GST Portal. The last date for filling the form is November 30, 2017, as per order No. 5/2017-GST Dated 28/10/2017 issued by CBEC.
4. Form GST ITC-04: This form is for the quarterly statements to be provided by the taxpayer having details of goods/capital goods sent to the job worker and received back.
5. Form GST REG-29: This application is for cancellation of provisional registration by the migrated taxpayer, who is not liable to register under GST.
The taxpayer just needs to login into GST Portal, click on the link “Cancellation of Provisional Registration” at the dashboard, mention the reason, sign and submit. The cancellation will be effective from appointed date.
6. Form GST PMT-07: This application is for intimidating discrepancy relating to payment on the portal. This accomplishment is the case when the amount is debited from taxpayer’s account but not updated in Electronic Credit Ledger.