In the following article we will be illuminating steps through which you can prepare offline file for filing GSTR-2.
First and foremost you need to need to log in to GST Portal and Select Returns Dashboard.
Select return period and the select Prepare Offline on the GSTR-2 Returns file.
- Go across to download section and download data for GSTR-2 return preparation by clicking on Generate File.
- Once you click on the Generate File, it takes around 20 minutes for GSTR-2 data to be available.
- When files are generated, download them by clicking on the link.
- Launch the GST offline tool and click on OPEN, import the zip files in the office tool and take the necessary action.
- Taxpayer can take actions on the invoices in the offline tool itself. They can select a whole page by clicking on the tick box and take action of accept, reject, keep pending in one go in that page.
- The data can also be exported into an excel file as action can be taken in excel sheets too. This will be helpful in comparing this data with purchase register to take actions like accept, reject or modify. Taxpayer can use drag and drop feature of excel to take these actions in one go on the invoices.
Once this is done you can import the excel file and generate a JSON File and upload it on the GST Portal.