The Real Estate market in Rajasthan has shown immense business potential and in past few years leading real estate developers started entering this market. Properties in Rajasthan are available at low prices and this has become the attraction for both buyers and developers.
With the development of Real Estate Industry in Rajasthan, many cases of victimization of home-buyers have also been come across. Now with the enactment of the RERA Act, 2016, the victims of the fraud can put their grievances before RERA Authorities.
RERA in RAJASTHAN
RERA, is a set of laws, regulations and authority by the Government to ensure (i) accountability, (ii) sustainability, (iii) grievance redressal, specifically for real estate industry. The Real Estate (Regulations and Development) Act, 2016 was commenced from 01/05/2017.
As required by RERA Act, the State of RAJASTHAN has notified its final RAJASTHAN RERA Rules, 2017 on 01/05/2017 which prescribes regulation, form and process for;
- RERA registration by builders and agents
- RERA authority constitutions
- Filing complaints before RERA Authorities
- Complaint redressal system
Common Complaint before RERA
Some the common issues faced by the buyer which are being filed before RERA authority/RERA Adjudicating officer are as under:
- Delay in possession of the Property.
- No refund from the Builder.
- No compensation for delay as promised
- Delay in registry
- Un-necessary demand by builders
- Non-payment of penalty for delay etc.
Filing RERA Complaint in RAJASTHAN
Complaints related to Real Estate now can be filed with the RERA authorities in Rajasthan. This act read with the state rules enables the Home- buyers to seek for the recourse for their grievances. Rajasthan has launched its online portal where home-buyers can file their complaint, although the procedure is very simple but professional assistance is very much required from legal point of view.
RERA complaint in RAJASTHAN can be filed before following authorities depending upon the kind of grievance.
(i) Complaint to RERA Adjudicating Officer – Any complaint relating to claim of interest and compensation, which is covered by section 12, 14, 18 and 19, of RERA Act, 2016, can be filed in form ‘O’ before RAJASTHAN RERA Adjudicating officer.. The complaint shall be filed with the fees prescribed of Rs. 1000/-.
The RERA Adjudicating officer shall, after following the prescribed procedure, dispose the complaint within 60 days of filing. If it is not disposed in said period, the officer shall record the reasons.
(ii) Complaint to RAJASTHAN RERA Authority –
- Any complaint relating to violations of RERA Act, or RERA Rules and regulations,
- Except those which can be filed with RERA adjudicating officer,
- Can be filed before RERA Authority in form ‘N’.
- After paying the prescribed fees of Rs. 1000/-.
The RERA Authority shall, after following the prescribed procedure, dispose the complaint within 60 days of filing. If it is not disposed in said period, the officer shall record the reasons.
(iii) Complaint to RAJASTHAN RERA Tribunal – RERA tribunal is second appellate authority.
- Any person aggrieved by order of RERA authority or adjudicating officer
- May file complaint to RAJASTHAN RERA tribunal in form “M”.
- Within 60 days from the date of receipt of such order
- After paying the prescribed fees of Rs. 1000/-.The RERA Tribunal shall, after following the prescribed procedure, dispose the complaint within 60 days of filing. If it is not disposed in said period, the officer shall record the reasons.
How we help in Complaint Filing and Redressal
RERA consulting team of Centrik is very versatile and experienced. We have in-depth and practical experience in dealing various issues and RERA litigation before different RERA authority. To name, some consultancy, are as under:
- RERA Registration for Project and Agents
- RERA Complaint Filing & Redressal
- RERA Compliance
- RERA Advisory
- Appearance before RERA Authority
- And other Advisory
For more details and advisory, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 8383011629